10 best remedies for hallux valgus
Bones on the big toe cause a lot of inconvenience for any person. To solve the problem, 2 methods of treatment are provided - conservative and operative. Which of them to use, the specialist decides after receiving all the results of the preliminary examination.
Conservative methodOrthopedic insoles, special shoes, physiotherapy exercises, physiotherapy procedures and other methods of influencing the problem are used. The main goals of conservative treatment are:
- Acceleration of the regeneration process of damaged skin.
- Pain relief and increased support ability of the feet, when a person walks, stands.
- Slowing down the development of arthrosis.
- Preservation of the transverse arch of the foot.
Operational methodThe purpose of this procedure is to completely restore the shape and function of the foot. This method includes a full range of surgical intervention followed by restoration of the functions of the forefoot. The patient returns to the usual regimen within 4-5 weeks, but it is important to take into account that sports loads are allowed no earlier than six months later, this depends on the initial degree of deformity. After rehabilitation, there is no need to constantly wear orthopedic splints. Modern surgical interventions:
- Soft tissue surgery.
- Bone surgery or osteotomy.
- Removal of leg bones using a laser.